This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SweeterEaster #CollectiveBias
I love making holiday desserts & adding festive touches to sweet treats. I also love brownies & ice cream. Like a lot! So these Easter egg ice cream sandwiches were a natural choice. I only have one left & I’m pretty sure I’m about to go grab it right now because these photos are causing major cravings.
In my opinion, these taste so much better than store-bought ice cream sandwiches & aren’t too hard to whip up yourself. You’ll just need to make them plenty ahead of time so they can set up properly in the freezer.
To make your own you will need brownie mix + required ingredients, vanilla ice cream, M&M’s® Pastel Plain, white chocolate chips & an Easter egg cookie cutter. You can find all the ingredients at your local SAM’s Club!
Prepare your brownie mix following the regular directions. You can make them from scratch or from a box mix.
We are going to make the brownies extra thin for the sandwiches, so be sure to bake them on a large sheet pan.
In the meantime, grab your M&M’s® Pastel Plain & favorite vanilla ice cream.
Let the ice cream soften until it’s easily scooped out of the container. I eyeballed a quart by scooping out half of a half gallon into a baking dish. Pour in a cup of M&M’s® Pastel Plain & mix into the ice cream. Feel free to add more if you like a lot of candy in your ice cream.
Cover the dish with foil & freeze for 2 hours or more.
Let the brownies cool for an hour, then use the cookie cutter to cut egg shapes out of the brownies. I cut 12 eggs out which will result in 6 ice cream sandwiches. Melt a 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips in a plastic baggie in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add another 30 seconds if needed. Squish chocolate chips around with your hands to smooth it out. Cut a small slit in the corner of the bag. Add stripes, dots & zig-zags to 6 brownies & decorate with M&M’s® Pastel Plain. Store the brownies in the freezer until the ice cream is firm again.
Remove ice cream from freezer once hardened. Use the same Easter egg cookie cutter to cut 6 eggs of ice cream from the dish. Place the ice cream egg on top of a non-decorated brownie egg. Finally, top with a decorated brownie egg & store in freezer until serving time. Or eat them immediately!
These will be gobbled up, trust me! They are the perfect Easter treat! Let everyone decorate their own brownie egg for extra fun. You could always use chocolate chip or sugar cookies too if your now a big brownie fan.
- 1 pkg brownie mix + ingredients
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream (softened)
- 1 c + M&M’s® Pastel Plain
- 1/4 c white chocolate chips
- Easter egg cookie cutter
- Prepare your brownie mix following the regular directions.
- Bake according to pkg. directions on a large sheet pan.
- Scoop out a quart of ice cream into a baking dish. Pour in a cup of M&M’s® Pastel Plain & mix into the ice cream. Add more if you like.
- Cover the dish with foil & freeze for 2 hours or more.
- Let the brownies cool for an hour, then use the cookie cutter to cut egg shapes out of the brownies. Melt a 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips in a plastic baggie in the microwave for 30 seconds. Add another 30 seconds if needed. Squish chocolate chips around with your hands to smooth it out. Cut a small slit in the corner of the bag.
- Add stripes, dots & zig-zags to half of the brownies & decorate with M&M’s® Pastel Plain.
- Store the brownies in the freezer until the ice cream is firm again.
- Remove ice cream from freezer once hardened. Use the same Easter egg cookie cutter to cut eggs of ice cream from the dish.
- Place the ice cream egg on top of a non-decorated brownie egg. Top with a decorated brownie egg
- Store in freezer until serving time.
Don’t forget to pin it for later!
Serve in a bowl with a spoon to avoid messes or send them outside to be hand-eaten!
I have one more Easter egg idea for you today- strawberry eggs! They look just darling sitting in a plastic berry basket complete with a strawberry pickin’ sign. I put some of these baskets together for my teenage siblings (look away siblings!) & thought these strawberry eggs would be such a fun touch! You’re NEVER too old for candy-filled eggs & Easter baskets.
You can make your own batch of strawberries with some pink/red plastic eggs, a black permanent marker & some green yarn or twine.
First, add small specks to the egg, all over. Then make pom-pom toppers by wrapping yarn around your fingers several times- 15+. Carefully slide the yarn off & tie the middle together with a piece of twine. Cut straight through the loops on both ends & fluff. Use the twine tied around the middle to tie the pom-pom onto plastic egg. There are 2 holes just perfect for this purpose on the eggs already. Use a piece of tape to hold the string taut on the inside of the eggs. Now, you’re ready to fill them up with M&M’s® Pastel & MARS Spring Minis Mix!
I can’t get over how cute these are y’all!
Start filling up the plastic berry basket & add a strawberry pickin’ sign (available below) onto a paper straw for extra pizzaz!
Stuff with more candy & you’re good to go!
Grab the printable sign down here.
Right click/save as from below or get the PDF- strawberry pickin
I found them on a floating Easter candy aisle right outside the food.
Happy Easter y’all!!
PS- Linking up at some of my fave places, check ’em out!