This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpreadOREOCheer #CollectiveBias
We’re onto more easy holiday baking this morning y’all! Actually this a no-bake dessert, so it’s even better.
OREO cookies are one of my favorite treats year round, double-stuffed of course. I am particularly fond of the colored ones that come out for different seasons. I always have to buy a package. I was thrilled to find the colored OREO cookies had returned to Kroger for Christmastime!
My husband’s grandfather was a major food technician for the company & it’s rumored that he was the one who actually came up with the idea of colored stuffing in the OREO cookies. I knew we were meant to be after he told me that! Now I feel even more compelled than ever to buy these colored OREO cookies every season. It’s a sweet nod toward his grandfather’s creativity & that’s especially enjoyable this time of year.
I used the red winter OREO cookies to make a sweet cheese ball. You can serve it on your dessert spread or with appetizers to sweeten things up.
1. To make your own you need red winter OREO cookies, cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar & vanilla, plus whatever you’d like to use as dippers. You can find all the ingredients at your local Kroger store.
2. Separate 15 OREO cookies from the cream filling, dividing them into 2 bowls.
3. Combine cream filling with 1 stick of butter, 1 block of cream cheese, 1 c. powdered sugar & 1 tsp. vanilla.
4. Refrigerate mixture for 1-2 hours until firm & roll into a ball.
5. Crush the OREO cookies into crumbs.
6. Roll the ball in the OREO cookie crumbs & refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is so easy to make & turns out beautiful! I had some extra OREO cookie crumbs so I sprinkled them under the ball & around.
Pile around your favorite dippers for serving. I used pretzels, apples, Teddy Grahams & ‘Nilla Wafers. Other ideas are graham crackers, shortbread, marshmallows & strawberries.
Just wait till you see the beautiful red color inside!
Just perfect for the holidays!
- 15 OREO cookies
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- ½ c butter (softened)
- 1 c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Assorted dippers- Teddy Grahams, 'Nilla Wafers, apple slices, pretzels, graham crackers, marshmallows, strawberries, etc.
- Separate 15 OREO cookies from the cream filling, dividing them into 2 bowls.
- Combine cream filling with butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar & vanilla.
- Refrigerate mixture for 1-2 hours until firm & roll into a ball.
- Crush the OREO cookies into crumbs.
- Roll the ball in the OREO cookie crumbs & refrigerate until ready to serve.
Spread some cheer around with this OREO cookie cheese ball! Your guests will thank you. 🙂
These special winter OREO cookies are in the floating holiday aisles at Kroger. I love this section & found myself grabbing several holiday editions of other products here as well!
Don’t forget to pin it for later!
Of course you can always make this with any variety of OREO cookies any time of the year, but this Christmas version is extra special!
Find more OREO cookie recipes perfect for your holiday gathering here.